How to Rent
Getting your reservation scheduled at the Earl Warren Showgrounds is just the first step in planning your next event. The following is a guide to help make that process a little easier.
Reservations for events at the Showgrounds can be made up to twelve months in advance. Events booked within a twelve month period are held on a firm basis with a deposit.
The Showgrounds does require a non-refundable deposit at the time the reservation is made. The Showgrounds hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 midnight for indoor events, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. for all outdoor events. A written request to operate an event beyond the policy is required prior to the start of the event.
Building & Grounds
Rentals are from 8:00 am – 12:00 midnight An additional fee will be added on for holidays. Move-In/Out Day(s) 1/2 day rental.
- Exhibit Building (22,000 sq. ft.) Exhibit Building Rental Includes: Basic utilities, use of PA and phone system and basic clean-up prior to each day's first performance.
- Warren Hall includes Community Room (13,000 sq. ft.) Warren Hall Includes: Basic utilities
- Garden Patio Includes: Basic utilities
- Main Arena (Concerts/rodeos/spectator events)
- Additional same day performances (per performance for turn over)
- Lawn Areas
- Parking Lots
19th District Agricultural Association (Earl Warren Showgrounds) does not allow alcoholic beverages of any kind to be brought into the banquet/meeting rooms, equestrian area or outside on the grounds (within the property fence). All wine, beer, & liquor sales must be provided by the Santa Barbara Showgrounds Foundation. It is unlawful for any person(s) to bring alcoholic beverages on these premises; liquor shall be confiscated and a fee of $500.00 will be charged to the RENTER'S AGREEMENT.
Alcohol consumption & liability
In order to protect the safety of your guests and others, Santa Barbara Showgrounds Foundation reserves the right to deny service of alcoholic beverages to anyone. We may also, at our discretion, cease alcohol service entirely if it is deemed appropriate. Alcoholic beverage service will end no less than half and hour prior to the scheduled end time of the event. The host(s) of all privately contracted events will be held responsible for their guest's behavior. Children in attendance must be supervised by adults.
Move-in/out day(s) 1/2 day rental
Arena Rental Includes: Basic utilities, use of PA and phone system, 3 drags and water
- Main Arena, includes warm up ring
- Mountain View Arena, includes warm up ring
- El Camino Arena
- Main & Mountain View Arenas
- All Arenas
- Permanent Box Stalls (600 available)
- Early Arrivals / Late Departures
Parking is free to all events with non-paying guests. Parking will be charged for all paid attendance events.
Certificate of Insurance Requirements
Renters are required to provide evidence of authorized insurance for the term of the Rental Agreement protecting the liability of the State of California and the 19th DAA, their officers, servants, agents and employees, from occurrences as to commercial general liability insurance (and automobile liability insurance, if applicable) which are limited to the operations of the contractor. Please see Showgrounds Policy for detailed instructions.
The following forms are necessary to reserve the Showgrounds:
- Rental Request Application and Deposit. (Due within (7) days from reserving a date)
- Signed Rental Agreement. (Due (15) days after receipt)
- Certificate of Insurance or Special Event Liability Insurance purchased by the State through Showgrounds office.
It is the policy of the Showgrounds to have security present for all events. The number and type of security personnel required will be determined by management. The Showgrounds requires that only the licensed Showground's security company may perform security services on the premises.