19th DISTRICT AGRICULTURAL ASSOCIATION
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
to be held
Friday December 15, 2017 at 10:00am
In the Administration Building Conference Room
Earl Warren Showgrounds
Santa Barbara, California
Michael Medel, President
Mary Rose, Vice President
Miguel Avila, Director
Teresa McWilliams, Director
Marshall Miller, Director
Carola Nicholson, Director
Suzanne Perkins, Director
Those persons wishing to attend the meeting and who may require special accommodations, pursuant to the provisions of the american with Disabilities Act are required to contact the office of the Chief Executive Officer, (805)687-0766 ext. 303, at least five working days prior to the meeting to insure the proper arrangements can be made. This agenda, and all notices required by the Bagley-Keene
Open Meeting Act are available on the Internet at www.earlwarren.com
Any member of the public wishing to address the Board on any matter listed for consideration on this agenda shall fill out a Speakers’ Form and provide it to the Boards Recording Secretary. All speakers will be recognized by the Chair and be allowed a maximum of three minutes to address the Board at the time the agenda item is being considered by the Board. If you wish to address the Board on a matter not listed on the agenda, you have that right. If you wish to exercise that right, please fill out a speaker’s form and provide it to the Boards Recording Secretary. You will be allowed a maximum of five (5) minutes to address the Board during the Public Comment item on the agenda.
1. CALL TO ORDER
- All matters noticed on this agenda, in any category, may be considered for action as listed. Any items not so noticed may be considered. Items listed on this agenda may be considered in any order, at the direction of the President.
2. ROLL CALL AND DIRECTORS ABSENT
a. Roll call and Directors Absent for December 15th, 2017 Board of Directors Meeting
3. MINUTES OF MEETING
a. Approval of Board Meeting Minutes of November 28th, 2017
b. Approval of Board Meeting Minutes of September 7th, 2017
4. PUBLIC COMMENTS (items not on the agenda)
a. Rental Agreement
Agreement Name/Description Date Agreement Total
17R-113 Elaine Miller/Dinner Dec 28 $295.00
- Approval of Transfer of Funds at Montecito Bank & Trust
1.Transfer from Regular Checking Account #11300 to Regular Payroll Account #11500
2.Transfer from Regular Checking Account #11300 to Regular Payroll Account #11500
- PRESIDENTS REPORT – President Medel
A.Review and Rating of Facility/equipment upgrades
- ACTION ITMES:
- Motion for the Board to approve allotment funding request
- Complete package to receive allotment funding
- DISCUSSION ITEMS:
- CEO REPORT: RV and Marketing plan. CEO has been asked by the board to develop and present a future marketing and business plan that will develop and promote the successful operation of the Showgrounds RV Park.
- CEO REPORT – Grieve
The following report will be attached with the board agenda and packet. Discussion/clarification may be considered. The Board may take approval action on the Manager’s Report
- Financial Review – Financial Results for October and year to date 2017.
- CFA Fall Manager’s Conference Report
- Airstream RV Park Proposal
- Fair Funding Legislation
- Schedule of Events – November/December 2017
10. COMMITTEE REPORTS
Minutes from committee meetings were sent to the board with agenda for review. Discussion/clarification items may be added to next board meeting.
- Executive Committee-
- Finance Committee-
- Building and Grounds Committee-
- Equestrian Committee-
- Events Committee-
- Marketing & Communications Committee- December 5, 2017 at 8:00am
- LETTERS TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS –
Acknowledge receipt of the State’s memo/policy/caution on Marijuana events.
SANTA BARBARA SHOWGROUNDS FOUNDATION – REPORT
OLD BUSINESS –
NEW BUSINESS –New Beginnings (proposal for utilizing EWS Parking Lot)
- CEO REPRESENTATION / PRESENTATIONS at Community Events
Finance: Nicholson (Chair), Rose, Miller & Avila Buildings and Grounds: Medel (Chair), Perkins Equestrian: Rose (Chair), Perkins, Avila & McWilliams Events: Medel (Chair), Nicholson & Avila Marketing: Miller & Rose Executive: Rose & Medel.
Further information regarding scheduled meetings of the Board of Directors of the 19th District Agricultural Association can be obtained by contacting the Chief Executive Office at 3400 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA. 93105, telephone (805) 687-0766.